Vision, Mission, Goals and Objectives
To develop professionals in nursing and health care whose actions manifest into positive change in healthcare outcomes through excellence in nursing education, research, and practice.
To Pursue Excellence in Nursing Education by preparing students to be competent, committed and ethical.
To produce globally competent and dynamic nurses who shall embody the ideals of professionalism, leadership, character and service, and shall be responsive to the challenges of social transformation and development.
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individual and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality nursing care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide Promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/ community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest, and contribute towards advancement of self and profession.